20080612

Day 12:Thursday June 12: Rest Day: Salt Lake City (UT)

Nice to enjoy a Rest Day. Breakfast at eight with most of the party in the hotel was a leisurely meal. An opportunity to make a few relaxing phone calls and catch up with some e-mails. Nothing seemed to be rushed. A bit of necessary washing and ironing . Some postcards to be sent. A stroll up to the local gas station. Spent a while washing the bike and dinner in Perkin's Cafe next door with the lads. All very relaxing.
I didn't bother going into the city -- would have involved two bus journeys. Some of those who went in walked more than they intended to.
Tomorrow we start on the second stage which lasts for 8 days- the Rockies- and will bring us over the highest point and over the continental divide. Looking forward to it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was beginning to feel the strain myself - so I am happy to have a rest day today !!
When I am rested and fully recovered from my exertions, I will look forward to hearing about the climbs, the scenes and the descents in the Rockies.