20080507

May 4
May Bank Holiday weekend was a great opportunity to string a few long cycles together. Saturday it was off to Cork (120km) for the Munster v Ulster Junior Interprovincial in Ballincollig. Facing into the wind all the way down….as good as an extra 30km.

Sunday and it was off on a 120km circuit through the south of the county. Lovely warm weather; the first day of summer cycling. I sense that the second swallow has arrived. (Maybe, I shouldn't have said that.)

Monday and it was over the hills through Hollyford to visit friends in Dolla and continue around the Silvermines Mountains; another 125km. Returned home, mowed the lawn and still felt fine and free of stiffness.

And the three days yielded an aggregate ascent of 8000 feet.

The cycling tops arrived in the post and I must say that I am very pleased with the colours and the clear message. I got to wear these with pride and passion.

No comments: